Reporting to the Director of Health Services, Client Services Manager, Clinical Resource Nurse, Home Care Case Coordinator, and / or Manager Public Health, the Nurse II (Registered Nurse, Registered Psychiatric Nurse) works in a variety of settings and is accountable for the delivery of nursing care to individuals or groups of clients, as assigned. The incumbent provides leadership to the client care team who work under his / her supervision in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of client care.
• Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM) or current registration with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba (CRPNM), (applicable to Long Term Care).
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) or willing to obtain in first 3 months of employment.
• Experiences / knowledge / demonstrated ability of current nursing theory and practice relevant to designated area.
• One (1) year full time equivalent clinical experience in medical surgical nursing or personal care home or palliative care in last five (5) years.
• Is able to work in an environment that promotes and is conducive to pets and plants.
• Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to communicate in more than one language would be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job.
• Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums.
• Good work and attendance record.
Application Deadline: January 12, 2017 @ 1600 hrs.
Please include Competition Number NRS-17-009 when applying.
For more information on this and other employment opportunities, please visit www.southernhealth.ca.
Job type: Part-time