A 123-year old company with more than $6 billion in sales, The Scoular Company operates 90 independent business units that provide diverse supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe. From nearly 90 offices and facilities in North and South America, our nearly 900 employees are engaged in the business of buying, selling, storing, and handling grain and ingredients as well as managing transportation and logistics worldwide.
Position: Plant Operator at St. Jean plant
Start date: Immediate
Work hours: Shift work, including nights
Compensation: Hourly; Variable with Experience;
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintain a safe working environment and ensure waste and materials do not accumulate around equipment.
• Assist supervisors in accident/ incident/ hazard reduction and investigation.
• Setting up the cleaning system for a variety of Special Crop commodities and making adjustments required to achieve the product grade.
• Continuous monitoring of the processing equipment, conveying equipment and PLC graphics for operational problems.
• Regular sampling of cleaned product and screenings, completing analysis and then making adjustments to correct a grade problem or high loss of product.
• Completion of product logs that include the daily production report.
• Responsible for taking precautions to avoid commodity contamination.
• Takes responsibility for the results and future direction of the organization.
Education and Qualifications Include:
• Grade 12 with a mechanical aptitude or equivalent education.
• Some physical work is involved and heavy lifting up to 50lb.
• Able to climb long ladders and able to work at heights up to 150 feet.
• Knowledge of or experience in working in a safe manner.
• Have a valid driver’s license.
• A proven track record in the processing and handling of special crops and/or other farm commodities would be an asset.
• Forklift certification and experience is an asset.
To apply for this job, please fill out online application or drop off your resume and references at the plant - RL 197 old 14, St Jean Baptiste, MB. For more information call us at 204-758-3595.
Scoular thanks all candidates for their interest. However, we will only contact those candidates who are selected for an interview. Scoular is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job type: Full-time