Machine Design Engineer
The Company: Calgary based engineering company specializing in design and development of machinery for the extractive industries
The Opportunity: Join an established design team developing innovative mechanical equipment to automate processes and improve economic outcomes. We develop a conceptual design to solve a customer problem, then working through detailed design, prototype construction, and field-testing, to a final product design optimized for manufacturing. We are presently developing a machine to automate harvesting of a tropical food crop and require additional design talent.
The Candidate: A hands on enthusiastic Design Engineer with the following attributes:
Education: Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Aptitudes: Math, Physics, Mechanical, Programming
Experience: · 2 years’ experience in machine design of equipment that functioned
· Inventor or other solid modelling program
· Prepare drawings for manufacturing and assembly
· Hydraulic circuits and components to include pumps, motors, cylinders, and valves
· Pneumatic circuits and components to include compressors and valves
· Sizing and fitting gears, sprockets, chains, bearings
· Manufacturing processes: welding, machining, sheet metal etc.
· Working with tradesmen to optimize design for manufacture
· Testing to include instrumentation and analysis
Assets: · PLC or other machine control programming
· CANBUS system experience
· Project management experience
· Troubleshooting hydraulic or electrical systems
Reply to this ad with your Word or PDF format resume; or email [email protected] We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time