Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), a leader in Canadian habitat conservation, is seeking an energetic individual for an eight-month term position as Conservation Technician in Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan.
Working with other conservation staff, you perform activities related to water control management and maintenance of habitat projects.
• Students pursuing a career in agriculture, engineering, biology, plant ecology, environmental science or resource management preferred.
• Ability to work effectively with others in teams as well as with little supervision.
• Ability to work outdoors and perform strenuous and heavy lifting tasks.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Basic computer skills (GIS skills are an asset).
• ATV experience is an asset.
• Expected term of employment: 8 months April 1, 2017 to November 30, 2017
How to Apply
In Canada, we lose up to 80 acres of wetlands every day. We need your help to stop this loss. If you’re a conservation-minded individual who is interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resumé for confidential consideration to the attention of:
Ducks Unlimited Canada
Email: [email protected]
Closing deadline: February 15, 2017
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Seasonal