Hours: Monday to Friday - 7:30am to 4pm
Blue Sky Opportunities employs 135 people supporting 70 individual in Altona and area. We are seeking an Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will assist the Office Manager in aspects of the financial and administrative needs of the agency. The successful candidate must possess the required qualifications.
- Preferred applicable college or university education or equivalent experience
- Experience in accounts payable/receivable, payroll and general book keeping / accounting functions
- Proficient and proven computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Quick Books Pro or equivalent accounting software a definite asset
- Ability to program Excel spread sheets for various accounting purposes
- Proven skills in all aspects of electronic communication including the use of email, social media and agency bulletin
- Ability to operate fax, copier, scanner, postage meter and interact terminal
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, able to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Assisting Office Manager in financial and administrative aspects of the agency
- Duties include: assisting with payroll, accounts payable / receivable, spread sheet calculation, preparation of deposits, answering phones, directing calls, retail product sales and compiling and faxing reports, and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to manage and complete all the above tasks independently
This is a full time permanent position with a benefit and pension plan.
For additional Information and to forward your resume and cover letter, please email in confidence to: Elaine Turnbull: [email protected]
Only those meeting the minimum requirements should apply and only those considered for interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time