Blue Sky Opportunities is looking for a dynamic individual, to fill the position of Pre-vocational Assistant. The successful applicant will be responsible to provide support for people attending the day program.
Position: Part Time Pre-Vocational Assistant
Hours: Monday to Friday – 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
• Minimum Grade 12 education, other may be considered
• Training in Behavior Management an asset
• Interest in working with adults with intellectual & physical disabilities
• Ability to give instruction and direction in a respectful manner.
• Interpersonal relationship skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to be flexible
• Valid Class 5
• Access to a vehicle
• Teach work skills and work habits to individuals on a one on one basis, documenting individual progress.
• Demonstrate good work habits and model correct work behavior while being sensitive to approach when re-directing.
• Provide supervision during lunch break.
• Ability to be completely flexible with job duties, understanding those tasks can change daily.
• Report any injury or unusual behavior to Day Program Manager
• It may be necessary to assign duties from time to time that do not appear in the above description.
Job type: Part-time