Reporting to the Terminal Manager this position will carry out all types of day-to-day supervisory activities in the Morden terminal. This position works Monday to Friday, day shift, however hours and days may vary due to operational and customer requirements.
• Supervise terminal warehouse staff, including scheduling, coaching, and assessment
• Schedule and monitor the use of equipment to maximize utilization
• Provide ongoing training to front line staff and lead-hands
• Schedule and maintain staff levels to ensure an acceptable level of productivity and performance
• Monitor freight movement to ensure maximum load factors and service levels, and minimize claims
• Communicate with terminals and customers to maintain a high service level
• Work with all staff to ensure smooth operations under all operational conditions
• Complete other terminal operations activities including freight handling and local P&D as required
• Administer and/or complete reporting and record keeping on productivity, utilization, and service levels
• Work with administration and dispatch to meet customer service and operational requirements
• Complete other terminal operations activities as assigned and required
• Perform all work in a safe manner and comply with all Gardewine safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in general freight operations at the supervisory level preferred
• Must have a valid Class 1A license
• Extensive knowledge of all aspects of general freight handling
• Demonstrated ability to supervise activities in a fast paced warehouse environment
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Gardewine offers a competitive salary; health, dental and vision benefits; yearly profit share eligibility; disability coverage; life insurance; milestone service awards; RSP contribution program; pension plan (after 2 years); and much more.
If you believe you are the person for this position please send your resume to:
176 Grant St
Fax: (204) 822-6244
Job type: Full-time