SCHOOL COUNSELLOR POSITION - Competition #2017-09
Prairie Spirit School Division invites applications for a term .75 fte school counsellor teacher position for the 2017-18 school year at the Prairie Mountain Elementary School (in Swan Lake, MB.) and Prairie Mountain High School (in Somerset, MB.)
• Valid Teaching Certificate
• Post Graduate Education:
o MB School Counsellor’s Certificate
o Master in Education-Specialization in Counselling
o Or in the process of completing either of the above
• Experience as a school counsellor
• Successful classroom teaching experience
• Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
• Provide direct/indirect educational counselling support services that facilitate student success in the areas of personal, social, academic and career development on an individual student basis, small group or classroom-wide.
• Collaborate with teachers, administration and student services team members to determine student needs and appropriate intervention planning.
• Deliver social emotional learning lessons in classrooms or coordinate and support classroom teachers in doing so.
• Demonstrate exceptional ability to form positive relationships with diverse individuals and grade levels.
• Demonstrate strong communication, time management and organizational skills .
• Coordinate referral of students to divisional school clinicians / community-based services as needed.
• Attend divisional student services team department meetings.
• Pursue continuous professional growth.
For more information, please contact the Program Support Services Administrator, Marie Rohleder at 204-836-2147 / email: [email protected]
Please email cover letter, CV and three references in a single PDF document quoting competition number above to: [email protected] Closing date 3:00 p.m. April 28th, 2017.
Keith Murray, Superintendent
Prairie Spirit School Division
SWAN LAKE, Manitoba R0G 2S0
Ph: (204) 836-2147
Email: [email protected]
Details also available on website: www.prairiespirit.mb.ca
We wish to thank all interested applicants, however, only those short-listed for interviews will be acknowledged and contacted.
Job type: Part-time