Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Barkman Concrete Ltd. is a leading manufacturer of precast concrete. Since 1948, Barkman has sustained growth through the contributions of our team members’ commitment to customer service, quality, and innovative products. As a Receiving & Shipping Consultant at our Winnipeg facility, you will be fully engaged with our customers, couriers and a variety of Barkman team members in both sales and operations.
Some of the responsibilities and qualifications for this role include:
• Consult with contractors and dealers by phone, e-mail and fax.
• Communicate with contractors/dealers regarding availability of product and delivery schedules.
• Organize orders and prioritize them according to location and required date.
• Coordinate Winnipeg delivery trucks to multiple drop-off points.
• Call couriers to deliver product to those customers who want shipments delivered by courier.
• Ensure employees and visitors follow transportation and safety legislation/policies.
• General office teamwork with filing, matching invoices and shipping bills.
• Maintain inventory control for the Winnipeg yard.
• Label incoming product when required.
• Inspect and receive product returns.
• Receive materials for production.
To qualify for this role, you will have:
• Ability to work extended shifts (overtime) on a regular basis to meet business demand during the peak season. Typical hours would be Monday to Friday, 7am to 5pm in peak season. Saturday mornings during the peak season which is scheduled on a rotation with other staff. (generally 3-5 Saturday shifts)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills: comfortable with phone communication (customers, trucking companies, load brokers, Sales) and e-mail communication
• Good computer and keyboarding skills including experience with Excel, Outlook and data entry.
• The capability of occasionally performing heavy physical exertion tasks such as assisting “walk-in” customers with product.
• Ability to multitask, be well organized and possess good time management skills is essential.
• Knowledge of the transportation industry an asset
• Customer service focus with problem solving skills and a continuous improvement mindset.
• Positive attitude, be self-motivated with an interest in continual learning/training.
Barkman offers you group insurance, a retirement savings plan, product discounts and education subsidies. Wages will be dependent on education, skills, and experience. To learn more about our company and products visit www.barkmanconcrete.com
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time