The City of Winkler has a full-time position for a Recreation Programmer available in its Community Services Department.
The Recreation Programmer works under the supervision of the Director of Community Services
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for developing, planning, and executing Community Programs for all facilities
• Promotes the effective and efficient delivery of recreation services to the community
• Build relationships and partner with Community Groups
• Assist with marketing and promotion of programs
• Initiates and conducts public relations activities
• Assists with community events
• Grant acquisitions
• Attend various conferences and PD sessions
Important Position Qualifications
• A valid Class 5 drivers licence.
• Grade XII education
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills to deal with the public and employees
• Requires computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Desirable to hold or gain basic first aid or CPR certification
• Diploma in Recreational Studies or related field is an asset
• Physically capable of performing work duties.
• Qualities we look for include: self-motivated, hardworking, a positive attitude, a focus on customer service and a willingness to learn and help others get the job done.
• Being part of a team, working together is critical to success in this position.
The City of Winkler provides a competitive salary scale and a full benefits package.
Reasonable accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities
How To Apply
Send or drop off your resume to: City of Winkler Civic Centre
185 Main St., Winkler, MB., R6W 1B4
Attention: Tracy Friesen, Human Resources
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also email Tracy if you would like to see a complete job description.
May 7, 2021
Thank You and Next Steps
We thank all candidates for their expression of interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted. For candidates under consideration, part of the hiring process includes a criminal record check.
Job type: Full-time