Posted on April 28, 2021. Region: Dryden, ON
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING #20/21-95
1.0 FTE Superintendent of Business and Treasurer of the Board
The Northwest Catholic District School Board is a system committed to Catholic Education. The Board serves the communities of Dryden, Fort Frances, Sioux Lookout, Atikokan and Stratton in Northwestern Ontario. The 12,000 square kilometer jurisdiction is home to approximately 1300 students, to 383 full time, part time and casual staff and 5 elementary schools.
As a member of the Senior Administrative Management Team, the Superintendent of Business and Treasurer to the Board, is required to respect the philosophy and traditions of Catholic schools in the performance of their duties. Reporting to the Director of Education and Secretary to the Board, the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the financial office of the Board, preparation of the annual Board budget and financial statements in accordance with Board direction and Ministry of Education requirements. This position is also responsible for capital planning, payroll, monitoring of the financial position of the School Board and reporting on a regular and timely basis to the Board of Trustees and Director of Education and fulfilling the responsibilities and requirements of the Treasurer as outlined in the Education Act and Regulations. The position also provides administrative direction, leadership and support to Board and school staff in regards to pupil and employee environment, and pupil transportation. The incumbent must have the ability to administer and lead an effective office environment. The ability to work with integrated software packages in a computerized environment is required.
• Accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA);
• Experience in, or a willingness to be trained in, the field of educational finance and the applicable provincial Acts and Regulations;
• Business Supervisory Officer Certificate, as specified by the Ministry of Education or a willingness to obtain;
• Superior communication and leadership skills are essential;
• Previous experience in a computerized accounting and payroll environment is required;
• Experience with a School Board with a major focus in the areas of budgeting and transportation will be an asset.
Salary: Will be in accordance with the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act (BPSAA).
Applicants who wish to be considered for this position must submit by 3:30 PM on Tuesday, May 18, 2021:
• A covering letter and resume along with a Board Application Form for Non-Teaching staff;
• Three (3) employment related references, one of which must be your current supervisor with written authorization to contact references in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Interested applicants must submit the above to firstname.lastname@example.org via email only.
Only those individuals granted an interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Screen.
Accommodations for persons with disabilities are available during the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 807-274-2931 ext. 1225.
David Sharp, Board Chair
Brendan Hyatt, Director of Education
Job type: Full-time