Posted on May 3, 2021. Region: Kenora, ON
Full-Time and Casual ESIL Community Support Workers (CSW)
“I get by with a little help from my friends”. Not just a great song lyric, it’s the way we do our work. Join us and live it too.
Since 1960, KACL has promoted inclusion and social justice in our community. We are a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of some of the most compassionate, caring, and hardworking people you’ll ever meet.
We are the fourth largest employer in Kenora, and our goal is to become the employer of choice by focusing on safety, courtesy, teamwork, and service excellence.
As a Community Support Worker you will walk alongside people to have the dignity and respect that is associated with living a rich, interdependent life. You will be part of a team whose gift is building relationships by being non-judgemental, having a sense of humour, rocking a work ethic, and celebrating when people experience independence and happiness.
• Passionate About People: You build positive relationships and enhance the lives of others by helping them to learn skills in life and achieve their goals.
• Resilient: You thrive in change, know the importance of self-care and prioritize healthy practices for all.
• Team Driven: You get that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You gel well with others and get fired up when working collaboratively.
• Creative: You see opportunities in every situation and are not afraid to try a different approach.
• Compassionate: You know that a kind, careful, and collaborative approach is the best way to help people.
• Be part of a person directed team that provides supports and service that honour each person’s unique values, needs and preferences.
• Be a part of a team that focuses on relationships to support the success of others.
• Support people to share their gifts, live their dream and find their place in community.
• Help people learn skills, build confidence, and live as independently as possible.
• Being part of a progressive organization that makes a real difference in our community.
• A positive, fun, professional team that needs and values your gifts and talents.
• Great medical, dental, vision, and disability coverage, and our pension plan.
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth, and exploration of your gifts.
• Starting annual salary range of $53,581-54,704.
Details for Submission:
Location: This position is based in Kenora, Ontario.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by May 14, 2021.
Submit to: Please complete an on-line application at kacl.ca
PLEASE QUOTE POSITION NUMBER 2021-15 ON YOUR APPLICATION.
Job type: Full-time