Ever wish your love of feeding people could be used to make a real difference in your community? Join us, and make it happen.
Since 1960, KACL has promoted inclusion and social justice in our community. We are a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of some of the most compassionate, caring, and hardworking people you’ll ever meet.
We are the fourth largest employer in Kenora, and our goal is to become the employer of choice by focusing on safety, courtesy, teamwork, and service excellence.
The work of our Food Security team supports individuals served by KACL by providing nutritious, delicious food to support and restore the elements of a resilient life. Your gifts and abilities will help build a resilient, connected community where everyone belongs.
• Experienced in a commercial kitchen: You know and love the fast pace of a busy kitchen. You are confident enough with your knowledge and skills to be creative.
• A Good Communicator: You communicate well, listen even better, and understand that you are only as good as your team.
• Energetic and Efficient: You manage your time so that you are very organized, you nail the details, and have the stamina to keep up in a fast-paced work environment.
• Good under Pressure: A steamy kitchen with great smells wafting out of it and multiple deadlines to get tasty nutritious food prepared and served makes for a great day!
• Work in accordance with Health Canada Guidelines, Licensing Agreement requirements and KACL’s Food Charter.
• Help ensure the Food Security program provides high quality food that helps to build resilience in the bodies and brains of children, youth, and adults.
• Deliver prepared foods to KACL locations in a safe and timely fashion.
• Be available for evening and weekend shifts as required.
• Being part of a caring organization that makes a real difference in our community.
• A positive, productive, professional team.
• Great medical, dental, vision, and disability coverage, and our pension plan.
• Opportunities for continual learning.
• Annual salary $41,746.
Details for Submission:
Location: This position is based in Kenora, Ontario.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by May 14, 2021.
Submit to: Please complete an on-line application at kacl.ca
PLEASE QUOTE POSITION NUMBER 2021-16 ON YOUR APPLICATION.
Job type: Full-time