Do you Aspire to Inspire?
Make a difference – join our amazing team!
We are seeking a temporary full-time COUNSELLOR for our Carlyle Office
Position will be from May 2017 until September 2018 (with the possibility of an extension)
Here’s what your contribution will be as a Counsellor:
* Client support and counselling to individuals, couples and families in crisis
* Develop/promote/facilitate Envision’s programming including groups, training, workshops and presentations
* Advocate, support and effectively collaborate with community agencies for clients’ personal, physical and emotional health
* Plan/promote/attend community and public events
What we can offer you:
* Rewarding, meaningful work in a positive workplace
* Supportive team environment
* Opportunity for continuous personal and professional growth
* A fulfilling job you will look forward to going to
Here’s what we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
* B.S.W. preferred, however relevant experience and knowledge will be considered
* Knowledge and experience in various counselling areas including: interpersonal violence and abuse, family therapy, crisis intervention and group facilitation
* Knowledge of counselling theories, understanding of client-centered and strength-based services
* Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
* Computer literacy level to respond to the requirements of the position
* Team player with a positive attitude
* Reliability and flexibility to meet the demands of the position
* Effective decision making skills
* Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
Note: Successful applicants must consent to a police record check.
CLOSING DATE: April 7, 2017
Please forward your cover letter and resume to:
Envision Counselling and Support Centre Inc.
Attn: Christa Daku, Executive Director
Email: [email protected]
If you would like to learn more about Envision, visit our website at www.envisioncounsellingcentre.com.
Job type: Full-time