Position Title: Summer Student Admin Support (2 Positions)
Location: Grand Council Treaty #3 office Dryden, ON
Unit: Justice Office.
Salary Scale: Based on education & experience
Duration: June, 2021 - August, 2021
Closing Date: Open until filled
Grand Council Treaty #3 offers an exceptional learning opportunity for a summer student with excellent organizational and time management skills. The summer student will be responsible for providing administrative support to the GCT#3 staff to ensure that the services are provided in an effective manner. The summer student will provide reception relief duties, plan, organize and co-ordinate functions, meetings and special events for as required, prepare and/or edit letters, faxes, memos for distribution. The summer student will also provide support to the Program Managers and undertake a variety of activities/initiatives within the office.
• High school or post-secondary student aged 15-30 years.
• Must be returning to school in the fall of 2021
• Proficient use of various office based software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), online video-conferencing platforms (Zoom, Blue Jeans, Microsoft team) and human resources information system.
• An understanding of the Anishinaabe language, culture and traditions.
• Ability to work with all levels of employees and departments.
• Ability to provide professional customer service.
• Communicate effectively and diplomatically orally and in writing.
• Proven skill to format and draft correspondence, forms, reports, and proposals.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
• Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
• Must have reliable vehicle.
• Must have a clear criminal records/vulnerable sector check is required upon hiring.
• Must be able to travel on short notice.
• Travel may be required within Kenora and surrounding areas.
• Busy office setting and Repetitive work.
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
• Interacts with public at large.
• Overtime may be required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their covering letter how they meet the qualification requirements of this position.
Send Applications to: Human Resources
PO Box 1720
Kenora, ON P9N 3X7
Fax: (807) 548-6356
The Grand Council Treaty #3’s dedication to excellence is completed by its profound commitment to building and sustaining a self-dependent Nation for Grand Council Treaty #3. Program guidelines state that eligible participants for the mentored work placement include First Nations and Inuit youth who ordinarily reside on reserve, in recognized communities or on community lands, and Inuit who are residents in Canada. Individuals from the Anishinaabe Nation in Treaty #3 are encouraged to apply.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position, however only those being considered will be contacted. At Grand Council Treaty #3, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, advise Human Resources when applying for the position.
Job type: Term