Golden West Broadcasting has been connecting communities for over 60 years. We are proud to be the voice of our communities on local radio stations and community portals.
We are looking for a Lead IT Systems Administrator to join our team. Reporting to the Technical Directors, you will maintain, configure, and manage our software, hardware, and networks. You will make sure our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
You will have the option to work from home. You should be comfortable travelling to your nearest Golden West locations when needed.
As the Lead IT Systems Administrator, you will:
Troubleshoot, install, maintain, configure, and monitor a variety of technologies:
- Physical firewalls utilizing SDWAN
- Microsoft Deployment Technologies
- Windows and MacOS based devices
- On prem Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Office 365 and Azure
- Windows Virtual desktop and/or Remote Desktop Services
- Cisco switching Endpoint management software, including patch management
Play an active role on our support desk:
- Assist staff with technical issues
- Set up accounts for new hires and deactivate accounts for former employees
- Monitor all IT systems
Find and implement new efficiencies in our technical processes
Ensure security of all connected systems through: endpoint protection software, monitoring, modern authentication practices, and other tools and best practices.
Create detailed documentation of technical process and information
Manage backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
Your Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary training in Information Technology or equivalent from a recognized institution
- IT certifications are an asset
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in an IT Systems capacity
- Demonstrated ability with systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Working knowledge of virtualization, Hyper-V, or equivalent
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Able to create scripts in Powershell or other language
- You are known for your attention to detail, resourcefulness, and diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- You can work independently and as part of a team
- You have strong interpersonal abilities and can communicate with a variety of users with varying technical abilities, from all Golden West departments
- You can work a flexible schedule. Hours are generally Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM, but projects and incidents may require attention during off-hours
- You have a valid driver’s license and suitable driving record. Travel to regional Golden West offices may be required.
What We Offer In Return:
- A voice in examining, challenging, and adjusting traditional ways of driving a media business and adapting them to a new era.
- A culture of innovation, adaptation, and acknowledgement.
- A strong focus on giving back to our communities.
- A caring environment where the health, safety, and well-being of our team members (and those being recruited) is a priority.
- A diverse and respectful workplace; as an equal opportunity employer, we value and encourage diversity.
- Remote work options, vacation time, health benefits, Employee Assistant Program, pension plan, and more.
Interested candidates should email resumes to email@example.com . We look forward to hearing from you!
As an equal opportunity employer, Golden West Broadcasting is committed to accommodating the needs of people living with disabilities. If you have any health or physical limitations, which may adversely affect your performance during any phase of the appointment process, please identify the accommodation needed. Moreover, Golden West is committed to providing equal opportunities to candidates and employees, regardless of age, gender, disability, visible minority status, Native status, marital status, cultural or national background, religion, or sexual orientation. All candidates are encouraged to apply with confidence.
Job type: Full-time