ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE - TERM (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Do you consider yourself a fast learner? Are you ready to work for a leading Manitoba company? If you are deadline driven and have a strong analytical background, the position of Accounting Associate is for you. In this role, you will assist the Finance Manager with a variety of accounting projects such as data entry, preparing accounting reports, and reconciling accounts. In addition, you will provide backup reception duties as required.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Process, record, and pay invoices, bills, and other transactions
* Record fiscal transactions, balancing and reconciling accounts
* Resolve outstanding payments through communication with departments, vendors, and clients
* Create journal entries, organize travel reimbursements and provide payroll backup
* Other duties as assigned
* 2+ years’ experience in an AP and/or AR capacity
* Systems savvy, strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and accounting software
* Good communication, organization and problems solving skills
If you're interested in this position, please send a resume (WORD preferred) to Lillian Goossen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT ACCOUNTANTS NOW:
Does your current job harness your full potential? As a recruitment firm dedicated solely to the accounting and finance sector in Manitoba, Accountants Now can help. Think of Accountants Now as a personal shopper for your accounting and finance career: First, we get to know you – your skills, experience, career goals, and desired work culture. Next, we pick the best career opportunities from an exclusive list, many of which you will never see advertised. Finally, once you have found a perfect fit, Accountants Now helps ensure a smooth transition. Best of all, we offer this service at no cost to you. When you’re prepared to take the next step in your career, Accountants Now will be ready.
Job type: Full-time