Building Operator/Building Maintenance Technician 3
Posted on May 16, 2017. Region: Kenora, ON
WHO WE ARE:
ATCO Structures & Logistics has more than 65 years experience providing complete infrastructure solutions to customers worldwide. We are focused on the future and bringing you products and worksite support services fit for the 21st century. We're your source for award-winning, innovative modular building solutions, remote workforce accommodations, lodging and site-wide services.
We have manufacturing facilities in Canada, the United States and Australia, operations on five continents and a global supply chain, allowing us to deliver a rapid, turn-key solution anywhere it’s needed.
As a turn-key bundled-services provider you’re unlikely to find a better mix of range, quality and price. Robust and dependable, our units are built to last. Our efficient, cost-effective and high-quality service will help your operation succeed.
With approximately 7,000 employees and assets of $20 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation delivering service excellence and innovative business solutions in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Electricity (electricity generation, transmission, and distribution); Pipelines & Liquids (natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development, energy storage, and industrial water solutions); and Retail Energy (electricity and natural gas retail sales). More information can be found at www.ATCO.com.
ATCO Structures & Logistics values diversity. We are committed to having a company that is inclusive, fair and respectful, and represents the diverse talents available in the workforce. We strive to ensure that our work environment allows for each and every employee to reach their full potential; this is only possible when differences are respected and valued.
WHERE WE WORK AND LIVE
The contract comes after a successful 10 year relationship with DCC in which ATCO provided similar services on a smaller scale. This larger contract was awarded after a competitive bid process that sought to consolidate the operations and maintenance of DND infrastructure across multiple locations, ensuring a consistent delivery of services. ATCO Structures and Logistics will now manage a gross total building area of 226,974 square meters.
ATCO will be responsible for roads and grounds maintenance, building safety, equipment maintenance, document management, environmental management, capital planning and range and training area control. ATCO will also implement and manage a health and safety program that is in compliance with all health and safety and environmental regulations.
Under the direction and leadership of the Operations Manager, we are seeking a part-time Building Operator/Building Maintenance Technician ["BMT3"] for our Ontario Facilities Maintenance Contract in Kenora, Ontario. The Building Operator/Building Maintenance Technician 3 is responsible for the overall delivery of property management and facilities operations and maintenance.
• Complete preventive, corrective and emergency maintenance duties
• Provide oversight and direction to subcontractors and staff completing service and AWR/renewal project work
• Manages complaints and requests from client/building occupants, action accordingly and follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction
• Complete monthly quality control inspections
• Reports all deficiencies, vandalism, non-military use of facilities and other concerns to supervisor.
• Strong knowledge of safe work practices including MSDS and first aid
• Previous experience with emergency response, including hazardous materials response including containment and clean-up is an asset
• Strong work ethic with excellent customer service and relationship building skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Will be required to pass a security clearance and fit to work assessment
• Building Environmental Systems I & II mandatory
• CMMS experience mandatory - Maximo preferred
• 3 years in a Facilities Maintenance role
• Valid Driver's License (G)
Interested candidates should submit their resume to atco.com/careers
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a criminal background check and fit for work medical test (including drug and alcohol testing)
Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
Job type: Part-time