Posted on July 13, 2021. Primary Region: Cochrane, AB
The Cochrane Public Library is looking for a vibrant, engaged, library loving individual to work as a Library Assistant.
Job Description: The Library Assistant III (Casual) is responsible for providing a full range of customer service including: membership services, information and readers’ services, collection support and various other related duties.
Education and Experience Required:
• Completion of general high school diploma or GED
• Fluency in both verbal and written English communication
• Fluency in languages other than English an asset
• One to two years of customer service experience
• Previous library experience preferred
• Advanced technological literacy skills
• Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check from the Police Service
• Valid Alberta driver’s licence (may be required); ability to satisfy insurance requirements
Start Date: To be determined
Schedule: This is a casual/on call position with no set hours, must be available for evening and weekend shifts.
Compensation: $18.57 to $19.73 per hour
To Apply: Please apply via email with resume and cover letter to HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
*Subject line of email should include Competition # quoted above
*Please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted
Closing Date: This posting will close at 5pm on Friday, July 23, 2021
Job type: Casual