Town of High River
Invites applications for a
Parent Link Centre Programmer (2 positions)
Reporting to the Parent Link Centre Regional Supervisor, Parent Link Centre Programmers plan, develop, and implement Parent Link Centre program and activities. The Parent Link Centre Programmers provide parents with information on child development, positive parenting strategies and provides support to families and caregivers utilizing the High River & District Parent Link Centre and outreach programs.
Currently there are two positions available:
• 1 permanent, part-time position; 18 – 29 hours per week; eligible for part-time benefits
• 1 temporary, casual position; less than 18 hours per week; month by month contract
Please indicate on your application which position(s) you are interested in.
The right candidates for both positions will have the ability to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends) to meet operational requirements. The term of this contract will be on a month by month basis.
The mandate of Parent Link Centres is to provide high quality, comprehensive, accessible, community-based programs that comply with province-wide standards of excellence and respond to the changing needs of parents and families. In fulfilling this mandate,
PLCs provide the following:
• Promote family wellness.
• Promote positive parent-child relationships.
• Improve parenting knowledge and skills.
• Foster optimal child development.
• Ensure that children get a healthy start in life.
The successful applicant must possess:
• Post-secondary education in Early Child Development (Level 3). Other related post-secondary education may be considered.
• Must also possess current certification in Standard First Aid, CPR Level C/ AED.
• Must pass a Child Welfare Check and a Criminal Record Check combined.
• A minimum of three years’ experience working in early childhood development.
Success in this position requires the ability to express concepts clearly, concisely and effectively, both orally and written and a thorough understanding of child growth from infancy to age twelve and of family care standards. Experience in adult group facilitation and family support, as well as the ability to maintain training and current on best practices.
To explore this career opportunity, or to find additional information, please visit our website at www.highriver.ca, click on Careers and apply through our online application process. Please submit your resume and cover letter no later than June 7, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. Questions or inquiries can be emailed to [email protected]
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.