Posted on August 30, 2021. Primary Region: Winnipeg, MB
Company: Tipping Canoe (Canada) Ltd. o/a Pepper
Business Information: Pepper is the world's largest shopping community. From our headquarters in Berlin and offices in Belo Horizonte, Guadalajara, London, Lyon, Mumbai and Winnipeg, we operate market-leading social commerce platforms in 12 countries on four continents, which are used by 25 million unique users per month.
Business Location: 171 McDermot Ave., Winnipeg MB, R3B 0S1
Work Location: Same as above
Note: Telecommuting available during the pandemic
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Software Development Manager (Software PHP Manager) to join our IT Team in Winnipeg. You will play a central role in our data-driven strategy, crafting high-quality and elegant code for our communities around the world. Above all, your work will contribute towards creating a more attractive, helpful and fashionable community for everyone!
• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
• Recruit, train and supervise staff
• Meet with staff to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
• Code for internal platforms
• Implement, fix and make changes on the platforms as requested
• Participate in meeting with other department members in order to develop internal procedures
• Lead a team of Backend/Frontend engineers
- Education: A certification as a programmer is required
- Experience: Due to the critical projects we handle, the candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a PHP developer. Additional experience in systems analysis, data administration, software engineering, network design, web developing or computer programming, including supervisory experience is a great asset. At least 1 year of experience as a team leader is required
Experience with PHP frameworks (Laravel, Yii, FuelPHP, Symfony, Zend); unit testing and integration tests; SCM (git or svn); TDD (PHPUnit) or BDD (Behat or Codeception); Composer / Packagist (double bonus points for having a package on packagist); continuous integration (with Jenkins, TravisCI, etc.) and containerization and docker is required
Experience with Elasticsearch/Solr, MongoDB, CouchDB, Redis, or Memcache is a strong asset
Computer and Technology Knowledge: Computer programming, Data analysis and interpretation, Programming software, Web service design, Programming languages, Website creation and management software, Database management, Development of computer applications, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Laravel, Yii, FuelPHP, Symfony, Zend
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Attention to detail, Large caseload
Personal Suitability: Excellent written and oral communication, Organized, Judgement, Initiative, Reliability, Team player, Flexibility, Effective interpersonal skills, Values and ethics
- Ability to supervise from 5 to 10 people.
Area of Specialization: System integration
Salary: $55.29 per hour, 40 hours per week.
Benefits: Dental, Vision care, Medical and Group Insurance benefits, Transport allowance covered by the employer (once the pandemic situation is over), Professional development opportunities including training and further education, days for learning new technologies and skills, 5 Personal Development days, Employee Assistance Program
Monday to Friday, work schedule is from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Telecommuting is available during the pandemic.
Apply online: https://pepper.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=294
Job type: Full-time