Posted on September 14, 2021. Primary Region: Winnipeg, MB
Position: FOUNDRY PROCESS TECHNOLOGIST/TECHNICIAN
Reports to: Foundry Technical Service Manager
Location: Winkler, Manitoba
The Foundry Process Technologist/Technician – is responsible for establishing, managing, optimizing and continuously improving Foundry processes through: analyzing current practices and equipment; working with shop floor personnel and support departments; developing and implementing solutions; and, documenting and training best practices.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assess current practices and processes through various methods including listening, observation, time studies, analysis of data and products.
• Work closely with others to determine performance gaps and identify opportunities for improvement and formulate solutions.
• Design, develop and deliver solutions for jigs and fixtures, work holding, storage, etc.
• Once approved, implement solutions through direct implementation, such as fixture design and implementation, or through documentation and training of best practices.
• Develop, deliver and assess success of on-the-job and occasionally classroom-style training programs to improve productivity throughout foundry operations.
• Work closely with vendor representatives to improve tooling and processes.
• Participate in and sometimes lead Continuous Improvement initiatives and programs.
• Conduct all activities and execute all duties with enthusiasm and a positive, results-focused attitude.
• Support company initiatives and policies enthusiastically.
• Other duties as assigned
• Ideal candidate will possess a Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma.
• Must have relevant experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software.
• “Lean Manufacturing” training would be an asset.
• Applicants with equivalent education combined with applicable experience may also be considered.
• Manufacturing experience is essential.
• Knowledge in jig and fixture design is preferred.
• Previous experience with castings or a foundry manufacturing setting is ideal.
• Demonstrated ability to “think outside the box” and improve processes.
• Ideally has practical “hands on” experience related to agriculture and/or manufacturing.
Skills and Attributes Required:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
• Highly motivated, self-starter. Demonstrated ability to adhere to tight schedules with minimal supervision.
• Ideally will have knowledge of manufacturing processes.
• Proficient with solid modeling applications, ideally Solidworks, or similar design and CAD program.
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other common applications.
Job type: Full-time