Location – Kenora
Contract Position for one year with Possible Extension
The Helpdesk Technician is a contract full-time administration position. The Helpdesk Technician is the first contact for the IT Team and is responsible for managing and responding to the daily requirements of the Helpdesk. The Helpdesk Technician reports to the Systems Manager in all aspects of job function.
• Community College Diploma or High School Diploma with three (3) years direct related experience, however a combination of other related education, experience and skills may be considered;
• Knowledge of Customary Care, service development and delivery, First Nation communities, family structure, and local customs and traditions;
• Knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services including internal policies, procedures and the Helpdesk Manual;
• Knowledge and experience with Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktop and 2008/2012 R2 Server operating systems, antivirus software, e-mail systems, VPN’s and HP network printers;
• Receive and serve as the first contact for all incoming Helpdesk e-mails and telephone calls in a professional, respectful manner and respond in a prompt and timely fashion;
• Establish and maintain purposeful relationships with staff, management and the transferred agencies;
• Assist staff with computer troubleshooting, including hardware, software and networking as requested;
• Prepare and deploy workstations for staff, including re-installations and repairs;
• Provide security patches and updates to OS and applications on workstations, including antivirus software;
• Develop and maintain documentation as required, including hardware/software inventory and support documentation;
• Record events, problems and their resolution in ticketing system;
• Follow-up and update customer status and information;
• Work in a team environment with strong communication and customer service skills;
• Ability to provide training to staff;
• Ability to work independently and under stress of deadlines;
• Ability to meet the demands of a high volume, fast-paced Helpdesk with intuitive troubleshooting skills;
• Must be committed to ensure the highest level of confidentiality at all times;
• Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s License and be willing to travel;
• Must provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract; and
• Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
Normally performed in a typical interior office environment generally working at a set schedule of standard business hours, located in the offices of AAFS. The position will require sitting for a long period of time at a desk, perhaps sharing a work space with other colleagues. The incumbent will be required to work in an atmosphere adhering to strict deadlines and at times consisting of repetitive duties that may involve computer, website, telephone and faxing requirements. Periodic travel is also required.
Salary Range: $40,361 - $49,500 per annum
Benefits: AAFS offers Extended Health, Dental, AD&D and Group Life benefits to this contract position after one month of employment as well as voluntary participation in our Pension Program.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE
Manager of Human Resources c/o 20 Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7
Fax: (807) 548-1345 or by Email: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
All interviewees must submit a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract at time of interview.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: THURSDAY OCTOBER 14, 2021 @ 4:30PM
Job type: Contract