Finance Clerk CHRT
Permanent Full Time
Location – AAFS Administration Office, Wauzhushk Onigum Nation
The Finance Clerk is a full-time permanent administrative position. The Finance Clerk CHRT is responsible for AP/AR, monitoring and processing Accounts Receivables for the Agency, bank reconciliations, and providing support and back-up to the Controller and AP Clerk as required.
• Community College Diploma or High School Diploma with four years direct related experience. However, a combination of skills, education and experience may be considered;
• Knowledge of Customary Care, member First Nation communities and social structures, Anishinaabe family systems, as well as local customs and traditions;
• Knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services including mandate, service delivery, policies, procedures, office methods, and auditing standards;
• Committed to ensure highest level of confidentiality at all times; thorough understanding that all agency matters related to finance, service, clients, staff, and all other agency business must be kept confidential;
• Must have direct experience working with Adagio Accounting;
• Experience working with Microsoft Office and with various office systems and equipment;
• Accuracy with figures, ability to prioritize, and good organizational skills;
• Knowledge of the Canada Labour Code, specifically Part III;
• Ability to flex daily work hours;
• Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s License and be willing to travel;
• Must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract;
• Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
The work will be normally performed in a typical interior and office environment located in the offices of AAFS. The position will require the incumbent to sit for long periods of time at a desk, walk, stand, bend, stoop, crouch and stretch. Use of arms, hands or fingers in typing, handing, carrying objects and repetitive movements. The noise level environment is usually quiet to moderate. Travel to semi-remote Anishinaabe communities on rough and winding class “C” roadways and in various weather conditions.
Salary Range: $48,327 - $59,270
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR
RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE # FCCHRT20211015 TO:
Manager of Human Resources c/o Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7
Fax: (807) 548-1345 or by E-mail: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
All interviewees must submit a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract at the time of interview
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: FRIDAY OCTOBER 15 @ 4:30 p.m.
Job type: Full-time