Washagamis Bay First Nation is currently accepting applications for a school nutrition worker. The nutrition worker will support the school’s food service program by preparing and serving food, maintaining the kitchen, and/or organizing the delivery of prepared food throughout the region.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Education and/or School Principal
Prepare daily well-balanced nutritious lunches for students at the school
- Prepare food according to planned menus, using approved school recipes and safe food handling procedures.
- Serve food to students, teachers, staff, and community
- Clean and maintain a safe and sanitary kitchen
- Foster a team environment by assisting coworkers with scheduled work demands
- Label and prepare food for storage
- Maintain and care for kitchen equipment
- Communicate and interact positively with students, teachers, staff, parents, and community
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Food Handling Course is required
- experience Knowledge of safe handling of food required
- Must be energetic and possess outgoing personality, compassionate, and patient
- Must be self-motivated and active-minded. Must be a self-starter and work independently
- Must have superior oral communication and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task in fast-paced setting
- Must possess excellent planning and organizational skills
- Fluency in the Ojibway language considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Cultural sensitivity to the Anishinaabe Culture and Language is a must
- A cleared criminal record check and vulnerable sector check is required ongoingly.
Application package must include the following: Cover letter, resume, three references, and current criminal record check.
Deadline for applications: October 18th, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Please send application to:
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time