Genesus Inc. seeks a Director of Health and Biosecurity to lead the Genesus Health and Biosecurity program and be responsible for its implementation and maintenance throughout North America and Globally. The position reports to the President-CEO Jim Long. The location of the position is ideally Manitoba, but could be negotiable.
Qualifications and Experience
• DVM degree from an accredited veterinary college with the ability to practice in Canada.
• An understanding of pork production systems and population medicine.
• Experience with swine disease diagnostics.
• ls a team player, is a self-starter capable of working for periods of time in field with minimum supervision.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Knowledge of North American animal movement and transportation regulations.
• Ability to work with large pork producers.
• Experience of working in a multi-country environment and awareness of differing cultures and behaviors
• implement and maintain the Genesus Health and Biosecurity Program for Genesus nucleus, multiplication and Genesus customers, including but not limited to:
• Remain current in area of responsibility through establishing a network of industry & academic contacts, studying literature and attending scientific/industry meetings.
• Assist in applied research and development of novel health technologies.
• Hold confidential all product and program proprietary knowledge.
Note: This role description may not be all-inclusive.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com; 866-436-3787
Job type: Full-time