Truck Driver: Heavy Construction
Friesen Hauling & Excavating is looking to hire an experienced truck driver in Heavy Construction. The chosen candidate will be a highly motivated individual and a good team player, focused on safely and efficiently accomplishing the task that the team has at hand. The chosen applicants will mainly operate a dump truck or semi-truck with end-dump or side-dump trailer, but when called upon, must also demonstrate a willingness to perform other tasks, such as operating other equipment depending on personal abilities and aptitude.
Responsibilities and tasks:
The chosen candidate will be committed to the following tasks and responsibilities;
• Mainly operate dump truck or semi truck with end-dump or side-dump trailer, working in close proximity to excavators, bulldozers and other heavy construction equipment.
• Communicate well with co-workers for prep work and project coordination;
• Regularly perform proper functionality & safety inspections of equipment;
• Pay close attention to safety rules and site working procedures;
• Follow equipment maintenance schedule and advise if repairs are required;
• Perform other tasks related to this function.
Requirements and Qualifications:
The chosen candidate will;
• Have a minimum of three years of experience as a class 1 driver. (Heavy construction experience will be considered a definite asset.)
• Be willing to work overtime hours. (with overtime pay.)
• Hold a valid class 1 driver’s license.
• Provide references.
• Competitive wage based on experience, competence and work ethic.
How To Apply:
Please submit resumes or inquiries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify truck driver position. We are also receiving applications for part-time / spare drivers.
About our Company:
Friesen Hauling & Excavating is a third generation family owned and operated excavating and construction contractor based out of south eastern Manitoba. Driven from a rich heritage of workmanship, our team has earned a reputation of honesty and quality and continues to strive for excellence. As we continue to evolve to meet today’s demands, we provide our customers with complete site development including; excavation, site services, earth work, demolition, aggregates and trucking. http://www.friesenhauling.ca/
Job type: Full-time