Take advantage of this Limited opportunity to join the World’s premier timber, land and forest products company!
Weyerhaeuser's (Engineered Lumber Products) Timberstrand® manufacturing Plant, located on beautiful Lake of the Woods in Kenora, Ontario, is currently seeking permanent full-time Journeyman Millwright Our plant manufactures the high strength engineered wood product Timberstrand® in a 24/7 operations, non-union, manufacturing environment. We believe that the key to our success lies within our people, and we value the diversity of people and ideas. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Kenora is situated on beautiful Lake of the Woods in the heart of some of the most scenic wilderness in Ontario. With a population of 16,500 the city offers excellent recreational opportunities at your doorstep. Kenora is North America’s premier boating destination. We are the connection to Lake of the Woods and its 14,522 islands. For more information and 30 great reasons to call Kenora home, please visit www.kenora.ca
The Kenora Plant is highly automated with multiple PLC, Motion Control, SCADA and HMI systems in addition to medium and low voltage power distribution and motor control. Reporting to the Electrical and Instrument Team Leader the Electrician will be responsible for:
• Maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical power distribution, motor control centers, VFD drives and motor control.
• Maintenance and troubleshooting of integrated electromechanical systems including pneumatic and complex hydraulic systems.
• Troubleshooting programming and maintenance of Allen Bradley Control Logix PLC controllers and network that include Industrial Motion Control Systems, GE iFIX HMIs, Common Industrial Protocol, utilizing the following technologies: EtherNet/IP; ControlNet; DeviceNet.
• Utilizing a SAP CMMS for managing work orders, preventative maintenance activities, and task plans.
• Performing routine inspection and preventative maintenance tasks.
• Complete electrical aspects of new construction and maintenance related projects.
• Provincial or Interprovincial (Red Seal) certification as an electrician.
• 3 – 5 Years in an industrial environment would be an asset.
• Proven analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office.
• Must be willing to work on a rotating shift schedule that includes both days and nights, 12 hour continuous shifts.
We offer a competitive total compensation and flexible benefits package. With a competitive salary range starting at $40.37. For the right candidate we offer a relocation allowance and a hiring bonus of $3000.00.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by email.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from applicants with disabilities. The Company provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. Please also note that accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Job type: Full-time