GRAHAM & GRAHAM TRADING CO INC.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – BUSINESS MANAGEMENT INTERN
The role of the Business Management Intern is to assist Graham & Graham Trading Co Inc. with the development and implementation of all retail and hospitality businesses in Northwestern Ontario.
Under the direct supervision of the President, the Business Management Intern’s role is to provide assist with the coordination and management of the various hospitality and retail operations under Graham & Graham Trading Co Inc. in Kenora, Thunder Bay and throughout Northwestern Ontario. The intern will develop skills to support the implementation and delivery of the retail and hospitality opportunities throughout the region. They will also begin to learn about management, budgeting, and effective work communication. Finally, they will develop essential interpersonal skills as they work with the public and business partners. It is expected that they will have a significant background and appreciation of customer service.
Required Skills & Qualifications
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must possess the following:
1) Should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business.
2) Minimum Requirement will be post-secondary diploma from a recognized institution or significant experience in the field of customer service and/or business.
3) Strong communication, English, and mathematical skills are required
4) Strong planning skills are required
5) Knowledge of Anishinaabe language, culture, and traditions.
6) Clear criminal record check and vulnerable sector check is required.
7) Possess the ability to manage a reasonable workload; effective priority-setting and follow-up.
8) Possess the ability to establish and maintain appropriate working rapport with others.
9) Have a valid driver’s license, access to an insured vehicle, and willingness to travel.
10) Candidate must be a new entrant into the workforce, are transitioning to a new career, or the unemployed or underemployed who are entering a new field.
11) Candidate must have not previously participated in an NOHFC funded internship in the 2020 Mandate
12) Candidate must be 18 years of age or older.
13) Candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
14) Once hired, the candidate must reside in the Northern Ontario community in which they are employed.
1. Implement and coordinate business opportunities and projects for Graham & Graham Trading Co Inc.
The following is a list of key specific duties and responsibilities of the Business Management Intern:
1) Assist the Graham & Graham Trading Co Inc with long term business planning.
2) Assist with the development of funding and loan proposals and terms of reference for various business projects.
3) Assist with the full implementation of business plans
4) Manage all BeaverTails sites across Northwestern Ontario
5) Directly supervise each current and new business, as required
6) Assist with the development of marketing plans for each current and new business
6) Work with local First Nation communities to identify local artisans that may wish to sell their goods/items on-line
7) Develop a web-site for on-line sales for local Indigenous artisan crafts/goods
8) Create a business plan to support the development of the on-line retail platform
9) Order all products and supplies for each location 9) Complete required paperwork and reports
10) Supervise the hiring of new staff
11) Manage current staff at all businesses 12) Other duties as assigned by the President.
To commensurate with education and experience.
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Indigenous Workforce Development Program. It is a requirement under this program that the selected candidate for this position self-identify as an Indigenous person. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/indigenous-workforce-development-stream
Note: We thank all those who have expressed an interest in this position; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Along with their resume and cover letter, applicants must submit a current criminal record check and three references. Application packages must be submitted by Friday January 14thth 2022 at 12:00 p.m. noon EST to:
Graham & Graham Trading Co Inc.
128 Main Street South
Telephone: (807) 467-8525 Fax: (807) 467-8200
Job type: Full-time