THE KENORA CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
Invites applications for the following 1.0 FTE Permanent position:
Start Date: ASAP
The Computer Technician ensures ongoing operation on the Board’s Information Technology Computing Systems. In consultation with Information Technology Leaders and the IT Manager, maintains computing hardware and software in individual schools and provides technical support to staff within the Board. Specific hardware and services include the helpdesk, backup, general shared storage, desktop/laptop imaging and configuration/auditing, MacOS/iOS device imaging and configuration/auditing, and group policy. The scope of support extends to many of the services that these items provide such as general computer use, file backups, inventories, classroom equipment support, help desk services, and computer security.
• Wherever possible, follows a schedule of school visits to ensure equipment is maintained to allow for effective program delivery
• Maintaining computer/tablet images and shared software bank
• Maintaining and repairing computer/tablet equipment
• Maintaining inventory of computer and related accessories such as monitors, power-supplies, cables, docks.
• Provides primary technical assistance on the helpdesk to support technical issues. The employee will specialize on computing and general use issues but is expected to provide basic troubleshooting for most issues.
• Provides advice and where necessary acquires equipment, software, and services to facilitate completion of Board wide information technology short and long-term objectives.
• Transports and installs equipment while following all OSHA and WHMIS standards.
• Creates and maintains information technology documentation, contingency, and disaster recovery plans.
• Acts as a resource person to Board committees, school committees, school councils and staff in computer information technology matters.
• Performs other duties as required which are considered within the intent and scope of an Information Technology position.
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
• Managing and maintaining a virtualized environment\
• Post-Secondary Diploma in a recognized Computer support related discipline
• Industry standard certifications with Microsoft, as well as A+ would be an asset.
• A good understanding of PC components, Computer Security, basic networking, server technology, server hardware, web servers, virtual computing, Active-Directory, DNS, DHCP, Email, scripting and Microsoft Office applications as well as other emerging technologies is required
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as it pertains to supporting end users with a varying degree of computer experience
• Ability to develop priorities and sound documentation to support work within the scope of the position.
• Knowledge of the following considered an asset:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume outlining qualifications and experience, and also the names of three professional references quoting competition number 2022-01
no later than January 18, 2022 at 4:00 pm to:
Mrs. Krista Helsel
Manager of Human Resource Services
Kenora Catholic District School Board
1292 Heenan Place
Kenora, Ontario P9N 2Y8
Phone: 807 468-9851
Fax: 807 468-8094
Please note that at this time applications will only be received online at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Apply to Education at: http://kcdsb.simplication.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those individuals granted an interview will be contacted. The Successful Candidate will be required to produce a current satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check, TB Test, and COVID 19 Attestation prior to commencing in role.
Accommodations for persons with disabilities are available during the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9851.
Job type: Full-time