The Bulk Haul Driver is responsible for completing all types of driving and bulk commodity product handling activities. Work and cooperate with all customers to ensure a high level of customer service. Complete all paperwork as required for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform efficient loading, unloading, tarping, and truck driving
• Safely operate and perform routine checks of all trailers and trucks used
• Complete all necessary documents to ensure proper freight handling and operational compliance
• Cooperate with all customers to maintain a high level of customer service
• Hook/unhook trailers (cranking dollies), climb in and out of tractor, secure and/or tarp loads and drive the truck
• Supports all Safety & Health initiatives for the safety of all drivers, customers and other terminal employees by following all safety policies and procedures including the incident reporting system
• Perform other duties as required to support Dispatch and the Gardewine Team
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to perform physical requirements of this type of work. Valid Class 1 or AZ Driver’s License in good standing. Experience with all types of pickup and delivery activities, and the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Lifting up to 80 lbs (freight handling, tarping), pushing/pulling up to 100 lbs of force.
Cranking trailer dollies (requires approximately 50 lbs of force). Long periods of sitting required while driving and climbing into truck cab or trailer several times per day. Climbing stairs (10) when loading trailers.
Job type: Full-time