Posted on April 4, 2022. Primary Region: Winnipeg, MB
Company: Pro Reefer and Mobile Truck Services Inc. o/a Pro Reefer
Business Information: Since 1998, we provide personal, professional and reliable service at competitive rates and take pride in our customers having the best-maintained fleets in the industry. We strive to be the best mobile repair and maintenance service provider across Canada. We help our customers sustain well maintained, efficient fleets with minimal downtime and reduced operating costs.
Business Location: 1214 Fife St., Winnipeg, MB R2X 2N6
Work Location: Various locations across Winnipeg, MB.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
● Install, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
● Measure and lay out reference points for installation
● Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components
● Measure, cut and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
● Start-up system and test for leaks using testing devices
● Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing
● Interpret gas codes
● Handle, recover and store refrigerants
● Install, maintain and repair equipment in refrigerated trucks used to transport food or medical supplies
● Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
● Read and interpret blueprints
● Prepare tenders and quotations
● Coach and instruct apprentices
● Provide customer service
● Troubleshoot, diagnose, test and repair components on transport vehicles - refrigeration equipment and heaters.
● Perform preventative maintenance and pre-trip units.
● Create and complete detailed work orders for services and/or scheduled or performed repairs
● Test systems for Freon leaks
● Repair and replace components that require soldering and welding.
● Utilize refrigeration equipment to test and charge transport systems
● Use and understand work order history to identify possible work required which will proactively minimize unit down time.
● Pick up, organize and clean used parts and tools
● Drive to and from customers’ locations
-Education: Completion of high school is a strong asset. No specific education is required
-Experience: Completion of a three to five-year apprenticeship program or A combination of over five years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in refrigeration and air conditioning repair is required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certificate as refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic is required.
- Skills with tools and tool box or storage device is required
-Some experience as a welder is required.
-Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems: Rooftop (self-contained), Heat pump, Filtration, Air motioning and circulation, Built up (split system), Humidification and de-humidification system, Ventilation, Cooling tower
-Ozone Depletion certificate is a strong asset
-Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding, Handling heavy loads (Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)), Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Attention to detail, Manual dexterity
-Personal Suitability: Punctuality, Excellent oral communication, Team player, Client focus, Flexibility, Initiative, Reliability, Judgement, Excellent written communication, Dependability, Accurate
-Work Site Environment: Noisy, Hot, Outdoors, Odours, Cold/refrigerated
-Valid (Class G) driver license is required
-Language: English is required
Salary: $30.00 – $32.00 hourly, 40 to 45 Hours per week.
Benefits: Extended medical insurance. Medical, Dental Group insurance, Life insurance, RRSP, and vision care benefits are provided. A vehicle for work use only is provided. If the candidate is willing to relocate, the employer covers the transportation costs. Staff accommodation available at a discounted rate.
Important Information: This position requires flexibility in schedule. The candidate will work from Monday to Friday from 7am to 4pm. Rotation for on call coverage, one week per month of night and weekend on call coverage. Schedule may vary depending on the business’ needs Overtime may be required.
Job type: Full-time