CLASS 1 DRIVER/EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
Are you ready to work for a company that puts the service of its customers first? 2&10 Metal Recycling is seeking individuals who holds Class 1 driver license with equipment operating experience to join their team. This position will give you a front row seat to operate a range of equipment in a dynamic work environment. Become part of a team where employees work Monday – Friday days with the rare evening/weekend.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Drive a variety of trailers such as roll-off, super-b, flat deck, end dump and demo box in a safe, efficient, and productive manner according to safety standards.
• Operate various equipment such as excavators with shear/grapple/magnet attachments, loaders, material handlers, bobcats, and forklifts in compliance with the company’s operating procedures.
• Responsible for handling, moving, sorting, loading, processing, and disposing of scrap metal material.
• Perform labor tasks needed on the worksite including light mechanical work, lifting, sorting, and securing loads.
• Other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU NEED:
• Valid Class 1 is required.
• Minimum 2 years of Class 1 driving experience.
• Previous equipment operating experience is required.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
• Physically capable of lifting up to 50lbs.
• Competitive wage scale offered.
• Health benefits.
• Training opportunities on various specialized equipment.
• Home most evenings with the possibility working some overnight shifts.
• Working on site and remote locations within Manitoba. Occasionally travel out of province.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Jie Meng at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
2& 10 Metal Recycling Ltd is a reputable full-service company with a long history in the Westman region. 2&10 started small with a pick-up truck and shop in the 1960s and has grown to be a full-service family-run enterprise. 2&10 Metal Recycling Ltd provides services ranging from scrap removal, containers service and equipment repair and service. 2&10 Metal Recycling Ltd has a warm and supportive environment and welcomes all new employees to join their team.
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
1. We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
2. We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them as well.
3. If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
4. The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.
Job type: Permanent