Kroeker Farms is one of Canada’s leading producers and suppliers of conventional and organic table potatoes. We take pride in our progressive approach to land stewardship, innovation, and quality. Our success is due to our passionate, driven employees who work toward a common goal: to produce the highest quality potatoes in North America.
We are currently seeking a Logistics Coordinator who can support our packing operations and assist with providing our customers with an industry-leading shipping experience.
In This Position You’ll Have the Opportunity to Do What You Do Best:
• Ensure that we can consistently secure reliable, competitive trucking solutions for our customers’ loads.
• Promote Kroeker Farms as a shipping location of choice for carriers - ensure truck drivers and dispatchers prefer Kroeker Farms.
• Provide a premium freight experience for our customers – rates, communicating about delivery timing, load temperatures are properly maintained etc.
• Grow our logistics department through training and investing your experience in staff for long term results.
• Work with the packing plant staff to optimize the shipping and load timing process, and to keep the shipping floor as empty as possible.
• Evaluate our current trucking arrangements for local customers as well as internal transport needs.
• Optimize brokerage and US customs processes
We’re Looking For:
• 5+ years experience in a similar role – experience with customs, brokerage and dispatch is useful
• An optimistic person who sees solutions and improvement opportunities in every situation.
• A self-motivated, service-oriented mindset and willingness to take initiative.
• Someone who is detail-oriented and well organized.
• Demonstrable computer skills (MS Office).
• A clear and proactive communicator.
• Strong planning skills.
We are a family/employee-owned business – our people are our greatest investment and strength. We offer a competitive wage & benefits package, group RRSP, and a profit-sharing plan.
If you’re interested in a rewarding career with a progressive company, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kroeker Farms is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees and the public and will follow all provincial health guidelines in response to COVID-19.
Job type: Full-time