The Director of Operations is based in Steinbach, MB and is responsible for the overall management of our trucking operations. Specifically the position provides business analysis, leadership, direction, collaboration and support to all Operational team members. The objective is to achieve team goals and focus on the delivery of performance results that include corporate growth, profitability and continuous improvement.
• Lead in the recruitment, selection, training, development, coaching, mentoring, performance management and retention of operational team members, delivering continuous improvement
• Through positive reinforcement and progressive discipline, motivate each member of the Operations Team to reach their potential and exceed their goals
• Identify and lead in the delivery of positive Driver relations through recognition and reward for achievements, and by properly applying sound and defensible Progressive Disciplinary management where correction is required.
• Review eligibility for Pinnacle Awards, bonuses, and other forms of recognition and benefit
• Build collaborative partnerships with Risk to ensure the safety and compliance of all team members, to understand the disability management constraint by providing insight and collaboration on the achievement of full corporate compliance
• Ensure Sales has a complete understanding of both operational and customer requirements and DRD understands the recruitment and orientation requirements of Operations
• Collaborate with Maintenance to ensure the proactive safety and servicing of all equipment, and Finance has an accurate flow of information for dissemination and decision making
• Regular review and management of mileage variance report including the investigation and correction of all out of route issues, deadhead activity, layover and reporting of all satellite usage including the application of policy to reduce usage costs
• Prepare Operations budget, cost center information and sign off on all operational expenses
• Prepare, present and maintain a variety of Operational reports
• Regular review and management of service failure module
• Work with all Dispatchers and Planners to maximize the utilization of all equipment
• Participate in regular Operational meetings to review and correct all power imbalances
•• Emergency on call services for the Operations Team
• Create and maintain an accurate job manual for the role of Manager, Operations. Ensure job manuals exist for all roles within Operations.
• Maintain and Manage Terminal yards. Approve monthly expenses, coordinate snow removal and grading, ensure availability of appropriate drop boxes, etc.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience within the transportation industry, preferably at a senior leadership level with prior experience in Operations.
• Degree or Certificate in business administration or related field preferred
• Proficiency in MS Office Applications (TMW Suites and PC Miler is a definite asset)
• Practical knowledge of DOT and governmental safety standards
• Comprehensive technical knowledge of flat deck operations, transport trucks, tractors and auxiliary equipment
• Experience with creating cost savings
• Skills in vendor selection, relationship development and negotiations accountability
Qualified applicants may forward their resume by mail, fax or email to:
Big Freight Systems Inc.
360 Hwy 12 N
Steinbach, MB R5G 1A6
E-mail: [email protected]
Big Freight Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time