Golden West Broadcasting has been connecting communities for 65 years. We are proud to tell local stories on Sunny 94 and Lacombe Online.
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our team as a Summer Events Host from June to August.
The position includes:
• Attending summer events across central Alberta as a brand ambassador
• Reporting from those events on Sunny 94 and Lacombe Online.
• Gathering, crafting, and sharing audio, visual and written content from events
You should apply if you:
• Are excited to learn how to serve Lacombe by telling stories that matter to our local audience
• Have excellent writing skills
• Have a basic knowledge of audio and video creation and editing
• Enjoy meeting new people and collaborative work
• Have a working knowledge of social media
What we offer in return:
• An opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the media field, from one of the longest standing content teams in the area. This is your chance to learn from the best in the industry.
• A culture of innovation, adaptation, and acknowledgement
• A strong focus on giving back to our communities
• A caring environment where the health, safety, and well-being of our team members (and those being recruited) is a priority
• A diverse and respectful workplace; as an equal opportunity employer, we value and encourage diversity
If this sounds interesting, we'd love to meet you! Please reach out to email@example.com
Golden West is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
Job type: Part-time