Communications Coordinator: Full Time Position
Inclusion Foothills has a challenging and rewarding position. We are seeking an individual who is committed to the inclusion of persons with disabilities in all areas of their lives.
As the Communications Coordinator your key role would be to develop accurate, relevant and compelling internal and external communications. This incudes, but is not limited to speaking engagements, presentations, publications, videos and digital/web content in support of Inclusion Foothills events and programming.
Duties will include but not limited to:
• The advertisement of Inclusion Foothills programs, Events, Fundraising, Markets, and Workshops.
• Improving Inclusion Foothills’ brand awareness through use of digital media channels such as: Instagram (3), Facebook (2) and LinkedIn (1).
Qualifications for the Position
• Post secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field (proven related experience will also be considered)
• A strong knowledge of media/public relations including social media.
• Proficient with computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Suite, Content Management Systems such as SharePoint and social media engagement tools such as Hootsuite etc.
• Superior storytelling skills through a variety of mediums.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight timelines.
• Intermediate knowledge of Canva is mandatory
• Demonstrated proficiency with the principles of graphic design including, layout, colour theory, graphic style and the dynamics of vibrant composition is an asset
• Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills, experience in conflict resolution/mediation and problem solving strategies
• Computer skills using Microsoft 365 Office Suite (all programs), including virtual platforms, SharePoint, etc.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable vehicle for travel throughout the Foothills region
• Provide recent Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and References at time of interview
Type of Employment: Full Time (32.5 hrs/week)
• Rate of Pay $20.50 per hour Full Time
• Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate has been hired.
• Interested candidates are asked to please submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only contact candidates whose qualifications are a fit for an initial interview. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Inclusion Foothills values collaboration, trust, accountability and inclusion. We understand the importance of the right person for the right job and appreciate a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage all candidates with the required qualifications to apply for this position. We commit to working collaboratively on determining appropriate accommodations, if needed.
“Proudly serving families and communities for 20 plus years in the pursuit of the ordinary.”
Job type: Full-time