Posted on May 13, 2022. Primary Region: Portage la Prairie, MB
Instructor, Evening Computer Related Courses (Term)
Applicants are to clearly demonstrate how they satisfy the selection criteria in their written submissions and must identify the competition number they are applying for in the subject line of the email.
This competition may be used to establish a 12 month eligibility list of qualified candidates for future vacancies.
The instructors are required to teach a variety of courses for Red River College Polytechnic, Portage Campus for computer and computer application related programs. Duties include but are not limited to: maintaining student records, classroom management, student evaluation, marking and grade submission, preparing course outlines and curriculum development. The subject areas include: Psychology, counselling, and mental health courses.
• Post-secondary degree in Psychology related discipline; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Significant work experience in the subject area you are applying for
• Experience in developing and delivering presentations online and in-person
• Attention to detail and accurate record keeping
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent written communication skills
• Leadership skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with current learning tools and technologies for delivery of instruction
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
• Values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
• Commitment to lifelong learning
• Experience using LEARN, Desire 2 Learn, or a comparable learning management system
• Experience presenting via MS Teams or Cisco WebEx or comparable virtual meeting technology
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
• This position is required to work evenings and/or weekends
• This position may be required to travel
$31.06 - $34.24 hourly*
Portage la Prairie Campus
(90 km from Winnipeg)
Part-Time, Term Position Available Anticipated August 22, 2022 up to
December 16, 2022
Possibility of an Extension
APPLY BY EMAIL TO
Red River College Polytechnic is a leader in applied learning and innovation. Our talented team of employees is passionate about education, innovation
and student success. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career.
At RRC Polytech we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment,
where all employees and students feel valued, respected, and supported.
The College seeks to increase diversity among its community members and welcomes applications from women, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Red River College Polytechnic is committed to providing accessible employment, and ensuring that our recruitment, assessment, and selection process is barrier free. If a candidate requires accommodation during the hiring process, Human Resources Services will work with the individual to meet their needs. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information and other employment opportunities, visit rrc.ca/hr
Job type: Term