Buffalo Creek Mills is an oat processing facility located one mile north of Altona, Manitoba. As a company, we take pride in making a positive impact on our local and global communities by providing quality food-safe oat products.
Our company values individuals who take initiative to create a positive work environment, embrace teamwork, and want to grow together with the company. Buffalo Creek Mills is successful because of the hard-working, passionate, and authentic people who work here. If this speaks to you and the values that you hold, a career at Buffalo Creek Mills may be right for you.
The Production Shift Lead is responsible for the overall productivity, efficiency, and accuracy of the production operations and procedures during the shift. This role must ensure that these goals are met by monitoring the overall performance of the equipment in the Oat Mill, Pellet Mill, and Stabilization equipment. Additionally, this role must ensure that the quality of the product meets the work order requirements and must troubleshoot or perform maintenance of all milling and stabilization equipment. Also, this person must lead and monitor the productivity of the Stabilization Operator and Mill Operator.
• Prioritize and coordinate work orders in the production of stabilized product in the events of equipment failure or product shortages.
• Responsible for making judgement calls in the event of equipment or quality failures.
• Responsible for the continuous operation of the Oat Mill, Pellet Mill, and Stabilization equipment
• Responsible for ensuring optimal run time, quality, and quantity.
• Responsible to ensure the shift goals, orders, and objectives are completed accurately and on-time.
• Responsible to perform milling tasks, including equipment adjustments, maintenance, and monitoring.
• Responsible to provide guidance, leadership, and daily instruction to the Production team.
• Responsible for ensuring samples are taken, and the quality of the product meets the specifications of the orders.
• Responsible for traceability and inspection documentation, ensuring it is complete and accurate.
• Responsible to ensure the production areas are clean and organized and meet food safety and health and safety regulations.
• Responsible for ensuring minor maintenance, which includes trouble shooting, diagnosing, and general repairs of production equipment is addressed timely and effectively.
• Responsible to comply with and lead the team regarding all Health & Safety, Food Safety, and Human Resource policies and procedures.
• Assist with employee training on tasks associated with their job responsibilities.
• Other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor.
• Demonstrated lean manufacturing knowledge and principles.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem solve.
• Experience in grain handling and conveyance equipment.
• Experience in the milling industry.
• Knowledge of BRCGS, or similar Food Safety program principles.
• Self motivated and demonstrated ability to motivate a team.
• Demonstrated ability to manage timelines and priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and guide others.
• Demonstrated experience in a leadership role.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
• Computer literate, organized, and detail oriented.
• Demonstrated general mechanical knowledge, and the ability to troubleshoot.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Full time, Monday to Sunday, 7:00am to 7:00pm or 7:00pm to 7:00am.
• Start date of July 11, 2022.
Salary and Benefits:
• Wage is based on the Level 4 category of the remuneration policy.
• Competitive benefits package is required.
• Group retirement savings plan is available.
Job type: Full-time