Buffalo Creek Mills is an oat processing facility located one mile north of Altona, Manitoba. As a company, we take pride in making a positive impact on our local and global communities by providing quality food-safe oat products.
Our company values individuals who take initiative to create a positive work environment, embrace teamwork, and want to grow together with the company. Buffalo Creek Mills is successful because of the hard-working, passionate, and authentic people who work here. If this speaks to you and the values that you hold, a career at Buffalo Creek Mills may be right for you.
The responsibility of the Stabilization Operator is to ensure the continuous operation of the stabilization equipment. This role will complete a variety of tasks assigned by the Production Shift Operator. This includes the operation, monitoring, and testing of the stabilization equipment. In addition to this, the Stabilization Operator is responsible for documentation, minor maintenance, and housekeeping required to meet production objectives.
• Responsible to follow the daily work orders and instructions as outlined by the Production Shift Lead.
• Responsible to perform operational tasks of the stabilization equipment, including adjustments, monitoring, and testing.
• Responsible to take samples, and ensure the quality of the product meets the specifications of the order.
• Responsible to complete the required traceability and inspection documentation.
• Responsible to complete minor maintenance, and assist in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and general repairs of stabilization equipment.
• Responsible for the sanitization processes of the stabilization equipment to align with food safety requirements.
• Responsible to ensure the stabilization areas are clean and organized.
• Responsible to comply with all Health & Safety, Food Safety, and Human Resource policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned by the Production Shift Lead.
• Strong ability to prioritize.
• Strong competency in assuming responsibility.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of food safety systems.
• Experience in the operation of milling facilities.
• High level of efficiency.
• A strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work well with deadlines.
• High-level communication skills.
• Full time, Monday to Sunday, 7:00am to 7:00pm or 7:00pm to 7:00am.
• Start date of July 11, 2022.
Salary and Benefits:
• Wage is based on the Level 2 category of the remuneration policy.
• Competitive benefits package is required.
• Group retirement savings plan is available.
Job type: Full-time