Buffalo Creek Mills is an oat processing facility located one mile north of Altona, Manitoba. As a company, we take pride in making a positive impact on our local and global communities by providing quality food-safe oat products.
Our company values individuals who take initiative to create a positive work environment, embrace teamwork, and want to grow together with the company. Buffalo Creek Mills is successful because of the hard-working, passionate, and authentic people who work here. If this speaks to you and the values that you hold, a career at Buffalo Creek Mills may be right for you.
The Packaging Shift Lead is responsible for the overall productivity, efficiency, and accuracy of packaging operations and procedures during the shift. This role must ensure these objectives are met by monitoring the overall performance of the equipment and the quality of the product. Additionally, this role must perform maintenance and troubleshoot the equipment, as well as monitor the productivity of the Packaging Operator.
• Responsible to ensure the shift objectives and orders are completed accurately and on-time.
• Responsible for the continuous operation of the packaging equipment, including operating the bag filler, air table, and forklift as needed.
• Responsible for the calibration and settings of the packaging equipment.
• Responsible to ensure pallets are moved from the packaging line into the designated location in the warehouse.
• Responsible to ensure samples are taken and the quality of the packaged product meets the specifications of the orders.
• Responsible for traceability and inspection documentation, ensuring it is complete and accurate.
• Responsible to provide guidance, leadership, and daily instruction to the Packaging Operator.
• Responsible to monitor the metal detector rejects and ensuring they are removed from the line.
• Responsible for minor maintenance which includes troubleshooting, diagnosing, and ensuring general repairs of the packaging equipment are addressed timely and effectively.
• Responsible to ensure the packaging area is clean and organized in order to meet food safety and health and safety regulations.
• Responsible to comply with and lead the team regarding all Health & Safety, Food Safety, and Human Resource policies and procedures.
• Assist in the organization and management of packaging supplies.
• Assist with employee training on tasks associated with their job responsibilities.
• Other duties as assigned by the Packaging & Warehouse Supervisor.
• Demonstrated lean manufacturing knowledge and principles.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem solve.
• Experience in grain handling and conveyance equipment.
• Experience in the milling industry.
• Knowledge of BRCGS, or similar Food Safety program principles.
• Self motivated and demonstrated ability to motivate a team.
• Demonstrated ability to operate a forklift.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience working in packaging operations.
• Demonstrated ability to manage timelines and priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and guide others.
• Demonstrated experience in a leadership role.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
• Computer literate, organized, and detail oriented.
• Demonstrated general mechanical knowledge, and the ability to troubleshoot.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Full time, Monday to Saturday, 7:00am to 7:00pm or 7:00pm to 7:00am.
• Start date of July 11, 2022.
Salary and Benefits:
• Wage is based on the Level 3 category of the remuneration policy.
• Competitive benefits package is required.
• Group retirement savings plan is available.
Job type: Full-time