Job Title: Millwright
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
We are currently seeking a skilled Maintenance Person to join our Northgate team. With this opportunity, Ceres global offers a competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive group benefit plan.
To ensure all assigned mechanical related tasks are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner with a high level of quality, using safe work practices.
• Utilizes safe work practices and promote safety policies to others
• Must maintain a clean and safe work area
• Responsible for safe and conscientious use of equipment including forklift, skid steer loader, scissor lifts, and power tools
• Proficient in material take offs
• Reads and understands construction drawings, including providing accurate layout of the work and building to drawings and specifications
• Install, examine, diagnose and adjust various types of industrial and mechanical equipment
• Understanding of multi hp industrial drives, shafts, bearings, and lubrication
• Assemble and commission mechanical systems
• Teaches and trains junior workers to develop trade related skills
• Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all business interactions and strives to meet customer needs in a creative and safe manner
• Pleasant demeanor with an ability to handle multiple time-sensitive tasks while working within a team environment
• Strong work ethic
• Experience as an industrial mechanic, preferably in an industrial maintenance setting. Agricultural industry experience would be considered an asset.
• Journeyman status is preferred
• Welding experience will be considered an asset.
• Ability to effectively self-manage, plan, organize and problem solve.
• Possesses current first aid certificate
• Valid driver’s license is required
• Occasional ad-hoc over-night shift work required
• Knowledge of winter construction techniques and ability to work in cold weather
• Experience with conveyer belts, drags conveyers, large gear boxes, large electric motors and bucket elevators
• Able to climb stairs, ladders on a daily basis
• Able to work at heights of 100 feet or more
• Industrial Mechanic: 3 years (Preferred)
Job type: Full-time