Diamond Construction and Gravel is a civil contractor who has been operating since 1964. In fifty-eight years of operation, Diamond has grown into one of the largest heavy construction companies in southeast Manitoba, specializing in heavy construction and aggregate production.
Diamond has immediate opening for Construction Worker / General Laborer
• Assist with building Roads, Parking lots and Asphalt preparation.
• Operate both hand tools and powered equipment (e.g. Shovel, Rake, Water
Truck, Packer, Skid Steer).
• Carrying and rolling out geotextile cloth.
• Assist with Residential Sewer & Water hookups
• Digging and grading trench to place pipe.
• Laying sections of pipe and completing connections between sections of
• Previous Construction experience an asset.
• Must hold a valid Class 5 driver’s license, Class 1 or 3 with airbrake endorsement an asset.
• A clear commercial abstract, or less than three moving violations within three years.
• Possess a professional attitude / Able to work well with others as a member
of a team.
• Preparing materials, tools, and equipment at the construction site.
• Ensure tools are cleaned and stored properly.
• Able to multi-task and maintain attention to detail.
• Capable of following directions.
• Willing to work long hours, and complete assigned tasks in a timely and
• Compliance with our Safety Program (Diamond Construction is a COR
• This job happens outdoors, conditions may include heat, cold, rain, dust and
• Work is physically demanding, must be able to physically stand, squat, and
lift heavy material.
• Competitive wages.
• Structured Monday to Friday work schedule, with some Saturday’s required.
• A safe and positive environment to work in.
Job type: Seasonal