Do you have experience repairing heavy duty and/or agricultural equipment? Are you looking for a new opportunity to make a competitive wage and work for a well-respected farming operation in rural Manitoba? If you are mechanically inclined, safety orientated, and have a background in agriculture mechanics, this is the opportunity for you! J.G. Pizzey Inc. is seeking a hardworking, motivated individual to join their team. The work location is at J.G. Pizzey Inc. and surrounding farmland located outside of Angusville, Manitoba and Waldron, Saskatchewan. Living accommodations will be provided while working in Saskatchewan.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Thoroughly diagnose, repair, and maintain all mechanical aspects of agricultural equipment, both in the shop and in the field.
• Complete preventative maintenance on equipment, including but not limited to filter/fluid changes, component testing and lubrications, as well as various system adjustments.
• Test, troubleshoot, adjust, and replace parts on equipment as required.
• Maintain work area cleanliness and ensure tools are organized on a regular basis.
• Ensure a safe and productive work environment with a strong work ethic and sense of integrity.
THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU NEED:
• Related education and/or experience in heavy duty mechanics and/or ag equipment.
• Must have high mechanical aptitude with knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems used in the repair of heavy duty and agricultural equipment.
• Work collaboratively in a team setting and under limited supervision.
• Must have knowledge of safe work practices and be safety conscious.
• Work will be mainly outdoor from April to October and indoor from November to March.
• Competitive hourly wages offered with opportunity for growth.
• Vacation time is paid out.
• Due to the seasonal nature of the work and industry, there will be times when you will be expected to work long hours and be available to support farm operations.
• J.G. Pizzey Inc. employees will always have Sundays off work.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Holly Van Zeben at West-Can HR, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this position, or for a detailed job description, call our office at 204-727-0008.
Only the applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted. We thank all jobseekers for their interest and potential application.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR OUR CLIENT?
J.G. Pizzey Inc. is mainly a wheat and canola operation that was established in 2006 and is run and managed by a combination of family and full-time employees. J.G. Pizzey Inc. offers stable and reliable work, all year round, in an enjoyable and rewarding work environment. For more information on their farm, visit their website, https://jgpizzey.com/
ABOUT WEST-CAN HR
Our team of Recruiters and HR Professionals are experts at matching jobseekers with career opportunities. Our goal is to connect with jobseekers and support their job search by utilizing our community connections and Jobseeker Network.
If you apply for this position and are selected for further consideration, this is our process:
1. We screen applicant resumes based on the required qualifications for the role.
2. We contact qualified individuals that are part of our Jobseeker Network to share the opportunity with them as well.
3. If selected, you will meet with the Lead Recruiter so we can learn more about you, your work experience, skills, and qualifications.
4. The top candidates are presented to the employer for selection. From there, we support the interviewing and hiring process.
Job type: Full-time