The Pembina Valley Watershed District (PVWD) is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full-time (40 hours/week) permanent position of District Manager. The position start date is flexible, with an approximate start date of October 3, 2022. The district currently has three offices throughout the district, the head office in Manitou, MB and satellite offices in both Altona, MB and Killarney, MB. The Manager position is based out of Manitou, but some work from home and/or other offices is acceptable and can be negotiated at time of hire.
Reporting to a local Board of Directors, the District Manager is responsible for:
• Reporting, representing, and acting on behalf of the Board on all aspects of District activities
• Overseeing day to day activities, provide leadership to staff
• Maintaining communication/liaison with staff, board, stakeholders, partners, municipalities, government
• Providing technical information and advice on natural resource management issues
• Formulate Board programs/policies for Board approval, delivery, and administration
• Promotion of overall Watershed District objectives
• Graduate from a recognized post-secondary institution with specialization in environmental studies, natural resources management, a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience related to ecosystem function and/or landscape ecology
• Experience with Integrated Watershed Management Planning, Source Water Protection Assessments and Surface Water Management Planning
• Be fully vaccinated as per Board policy
• Supervisory, leadership, human resource training and experience
• Strong people skills with the ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholder groups
• Strong verbal communication skills with experience giving presentations to a variety of audiences
• Strong written communication skills with experience authoring technical reports, business correspondence and grant writing
• Project management and budgeting experience
• Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple work files, prioritize and manage time
• Strong problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, or equivalent software applications
• Experience using GIS and GPS technologies
• Understanding of the legal land description system used in this area.
• Experience with the use of LiDAR data
• Communication experience with various media including websites, social media, print and radio.
• Knowledge of PVWD programs
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada and have a valid Class 5 Driver's license
• Must be willing and able to work overtime as needed
• Must be willing and able to travel within Manitoba, including overnight stays as needed
Your cover letter and resumé must clearly exhibit how you meet the qualifications.
Please send your resume & salary expectations to:
Bill Howatt, PVWD Chairman
261 Main St, Box 659, Manitou, MB R0G 1G0
Application Deadline: Wednesday August 31, 2022 @ 4:00pm
PVWD would like to thank all applicants; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
A more detailed job description can be found at www.pvwd.ca
Job type: Full-time