The mission of the Gladstone Area Senior Support Meal Program is to provide clients with well balanced meals twice weekly appropriate to Canada’s Food Guide at a reasonable cost and in an environment that encourages a friendly and welcoming atmosphere in a social context in order to decrease social isolation and loneliness. This program is to encourage volunteer and leadership opportunities, improve the health and social well-being of older adults, and link older adults to community based services.
1. Grade XII education.
2. Completion and maintenance of the Food Handler’s Certificate.
3. Experience working with seniors is desirable.
4. Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle with third party liability.
5. Must possess excellent English communication skills (listening, speaking, and writing).
6. Must have good organizational skills.
7. Must be self starter and work with minimum supervision.
8. Maintains a clear Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check, and Adult/Child Abuse Registry Check.
9. Meet physical demands:
a. Ability to stand for long periods of time
b. Ability to lift/carry 10-50 pounds
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Meal Service
a. Plan daily menu following Canada’s Food Guide
b. Prepare grocery list and do shopping
c. Initiate and supervise preparation of food
d. Assure pleasant atmosphere
e. Assist with meal delivery
f. Comply with Food and Food Handling Establishment Regulations under The Public Health Act, including maintaining sanitization standards and food storage
a. Schedule and notify volunteers
b. Encourage and recruit volunteers and meal participants as required
c. Keep attendance records of participants and volunteers
a. Collect orders and money for meals
b. Assist in periodic pricing of meals to ensure quality and variety of meals are being provided in a cost effective way
c. Keep records of all purchases and other expenses
4. Other duties as assigned
Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until August 12 at 16:00. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job type: Contract