Exceldor Cooperative, an Award-Winning, long-standing company seeks a Safety Coordinator to join our Health, Safety, and Security Department at our Blumenort Plant reporting directly to the Health, Safety, and Security Manager. Exceldor offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits plan, and a team environment. This position provides a wide range of effective and responsive administrative services to our plant facilities.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring all safe work procedures are current and relevant, ensure proper training of individual staff when applicable, conduct risk assessments on various tasks throughout the facility, have a solid understanding of safety requirements, and exceptional interpersonal skills to interact with various personnel including management, supervisors, and individual employees. The Safety Coordinator will also be responsible for participating in various health and safety initiatives and must encourage a strong Health and Safety environment for all employees.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Occupational Health and Safety or enrollment in an Occupational Health and Safety Program
- Working knowledge of the Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act and Regulations.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Current training or certification in Advance First Aid is considered an asset
- Train the Trainer courses considered an asset
- Willing to become trained in specialized Health and Safety courses
If you are a qualified and an interested candidate, please submit your cover letter & resume by August 19th, 2022 to:
Andrea Thomson, Director, Human Resources
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Permanent