For the past 40 years, NutriPea has specialized in the manufacture of food-grade protein isolates, starches and fibers. Headquartered in the Canadian Prairies, we are proud to provide our partners with high-quality functional food ingredients derived from yellow peas grown right here in Canada.
As Part of the maintenance team the Electrician will be responsible to maintain, repair, install, assemble and modify equipment to maximize uptime, quality and production.
• Perform preventative maintenance tasks, demand work orders and address breakdowns in an efficient and timely manner
• Able to work with minimal supervision as well at times in a group environment
• Able to participate in group forums discussing plant needs
• Conducts instrumentation evaluation, inspections, calibration, tests, adjusts, and repairs electric, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments as required as well as programmable logic control (PLC).
• Ability to work at heights, in a dusty environment in a safe manner
• Optimize equipment reliability
• Participate in continuous improvement activities and projects
• Develop and execute preventative maintenance programs
• Commissions and supports Project Manager, Quality and Operations department for new equipment as required
• Familiar with CMMS system
• Order necessary parts and materials as required, maintain adequate supply for critical parts
• Prepares and ensures schematic drawings, sketches, P&ID, and reports accurately reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits, and systems
• Previous work experience in the food industry desired
• Must be able to be on call, and work overtime as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements: Level 2 Apprentice
Preferred Licensed Journeyman
Job type: Full-time