Portage Mutual Insurance, a trusted property and casualty insurer located in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba is seeking an adaptable and conscientious individual to join the team. As an Accounting Technician at the head office in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba as part of the Accounting and Finance team.
You will have the option to work in a hybrid work environment.
The role is multi-faceted reporting directly to the Accounting Manager. Duties to include accounts payable, employee expenses, bank reconciliations and other bank related functions, online clearing of cheques, and various other duties as assigned.
• Experience in a related field such as accounting would be beneficial
• Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams) with the ability to learn new or updated software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High level of confidentiality
• Extremely strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Accuracy is an important attribute in this position
• Ability to work independently and is self-motivated to work in a fast-paced changing environment
• Completion of grade 12 education
• Business Administration Diploma/Certificate or interest in further education is an asset.
At Portage Mutual Insurance, we believe our people are the key to our Company’s success and they are our #1 priority. We take pride in offering each of our employees a variety of Company benefits that are competitive in today’s market, as well as our commitment to continual improvement in providing you with an opportunity to enjoy a challenging and rewarding work environment.
• Competitive Compensation Package
• Health, Dental and Group Life Insurance Coverage
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Company Pension Plan
• Accumulation of paid personal time off in addition to vacation time.
Portage Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the interviewer who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
To apply for this position, send a cover letter and resume to Kim Tkachuk: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is August 26, 2022.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time