Agency: Life’s Journey Inc.
Program: Woman’s Outreach
Posted: July 29, 2022
Closing Date: August 14, 2022
Wage: $21.86 - $ 25.22 Hourly (Based on qualifications.)
Hours Worked: Sunday to Thursday: 10:00AM – 6:00PM(Hours subject to change)
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Preferences will be given to Female applicants.
Please submit a detailed Cover Letter on how you meet the requirements of this position,
along with a current resume to our HR Department: email@example.com
When applying for the position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title
within the subject line of your email or body of email/cover letter.
The Case Worker is responsible for providing services to the program participants through the
following activities: providing direct support to individuals, contributing to the service planning
process, completing follow up, and tracking implementation related tothe service plan,which
includes communication with both the Clinical Case Manager and Support Mentors, contributing to
the clear understanding of goals and clarification of questions and concerns related to
As a part of a team Case Workers provide respectful, holistic, supportive assistance to individuals
within the program model and agency values, taking positive, strength-based, conflict prevention
approach. In cooperation with the Clinical Case Manager, the service team, and others to achieve
the above responsibility, the Case Worker provides back up coverage for other staff (e.g. Assistant
Coordinators). Other duties included are: maintaining a positive focused relationship with the
participant, supporting residential placements (residential programs), identifying programming
needs to the Program Coordinator, and providing leadership and guidance to resources internally
With Clinical Case Managers, Case Workers may prepare, maintain and provide required internal
reports, files, and records, submitting such reports as required, which may include overseeing
individual participants’ record keeping. The Case Worker also works cooperatively and
collaboratively, and liaises effectively with other programs, staff, external agencies, community
groups, and businesses.
This role requires an individual that is able to support the program and team with:
• High work Standards: workethic, task completion, consistency, follow up, accuracy/attention to
detail, time management
• Personal Management Skills: accountability, self-management, stress tolerance,
adaptability/flexibility, creativity, initiative, working in teams or independently, problem solving
• Personal Development Skills: ability, openness, willingness tolearn, receives feedbackand seeks
• Professional Skills: interpersonal and communication skills, influencing, collaboration and the
ability to establish effective relationships/trust with others, within professional boundaries
• Mentoring Skills: coaching, patience, influencing and modeling professional behaviour
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: CLINICAL CASE MANAGER
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience working closely with individuals with criminal history (Sexual
Offences) and who are highly volatile.
• University education in social services or equivalent experience in related roles is an asset.
• A Bachelors’ Degree in a related field and/or previous experience in related social service roles,
demonstrated understanding of FASD/neural-behavioural, intellectual disabilities and issues.
• Optimally, three years experience in a related role and supporting individuals with disabilities,
demonstrating empathy and developing practical, supportive and effective working
• Experience in an outreach setting.
• Experience with administration skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites.
• Satisfactory Child and Adult Abuse Registry check, Criminal Record Check (vulnerablesector
search) and a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract and license.
• Certification of First Aid Level 1 – Emergency.
• The ability to attend work regularly as scheduled or requested.
• Demonstrated language, writing, comprehension skills.
• Demonstrate cultural knowledge competence and participate in agency training for
• A safe and reliable vehicle and proof of appropriate insurance on vehicle.
Knowledge of the following areas is required:
• Community Living
• Disability Services
• EIA and CFS
• Determinants of Health
• Harm Reduction
Core Competencies for All Employees:
Respect, Collaboration, Integrity, Effective Communication, Patience and Perseverance, Reasoning
and Decision Making
Life’s Journey strives towards a workforce that has fair representation of the
community that we serve
Job type: Permanent